Former Wigan Warriors forward released from contract for Super League deal

The Canberra Raiders have released Harry Rushton from the remainder of his contract to return home to England effective immediately.

Rushton, who has been out with a broken jaw since the Raiders NSW Cup match on July 9, has been granted a release from the remainder of this season and the final year of his deal in 2023.

He made his NRL debut earlier this season against the Panthers when he came from the bench in the round seven match at BlueBet Stadium.

Raiders CEO Don Furner said the Raiders thanked Harry for his time at the club and wished him all the best for the future.

“Harry joined us from Wigan at the beginning of 2021 as a young player looking for an opportunity and leaves us a player who has had the opportunity to make an NRL debut this season,” Furner said. “Harry will return home to England to be closer to his family and take up an opportunity closer to home. We wish Harry all the best for the future.”

Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments