Connect with us

Rugby League News

Rising NRL youngster charged with murder

Rugby League mistake

In shocking news it is being reported that a Wests Tigers local junior player has been arrested for the murder of a reported gangland member in Sydney.

That’s per the Mole of Wide World of Sports who reports that 19-year-old Masei Tavui has been arrested on the shocking charge of murder.

The news breaks on the same day that Tongan international and St George Illawarra Dragons star Junior Amone was found guilty of his role in a ‘hammer attack’ last November.

Amone had allegedly chased a tradesman whilst wielding the hammer resulting in injuries for the worker, and he has now been found guilty at court and will face sentencing in December.

As for Tavui, he will now remain in custody after being denied bail given the seriousness of the offence.

He is alleged to have murdered Dejan Radulovic, also known as ‘Danny the Serb’, back in July with Radulovic allegedly stabbed and shot in Balmain.

Wests of course were formerly known as Balmain Tigers and it’s one of their young up and coming talents who has been charged with the murder of Radulovic in that area.

He played in the lesser SG Ball competition for Wests feeder team this past year with a Tigers source telling Wide World of Sports about Tuvai’s abilities.

“He can play, no doubt about it, and we are shocked and saddened to hear what has happened,” a Tigers source told Wide World of Sports.

“But he is still innocent at this stage and will have his day in court.

“Until then it would be inappropriate to say any more and the club won’t be commenting.”

As for Amone and his guilty verdict for the hammer attack, St George also released a statement about their 21-year-old star.

“As a result of this outcome, (Junior) Amone has been stood down from all club activities until further notice,” the statement said.

“The club will make no further comment at this time as court proceedings continue.”

Amone had been stood down under the NRL’s “no-fault stand down” policy initially but when the case was dropped to lesser courts, meaning a maximum sentence of five years could be passed, he was then able to return to action.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Must See

More in Rugby League News