Two Super League sides could face RFL investigation after items thrown onto the pitch

Last weekend in Super League we saw some huge games as Leeds Rhinos and Hull KR went to Golden Point, Wigan Warriors won a fast paced affair against Warrington Wolves and St Helens were edged by Catalans Dragons in a Grand Final dress rehearsal in the minds of some.

Meanwhile, neither Wakefield Trinity nor Castleford Tigers could take a decisive step towards Super League survival.

Wakefield lost to Huddersfield Giants whilst Hull FC ploughed to victory against Cas despite being tied at 8-all at the break,

The action concluded with a big game between Salford Red Devils and Leigh Leopards.

The Red Devils took the lead after a loose pass found Ken Sio who went over in the corner to make it 4-0.

Leigh meanwhile hit back as John Asiata flicked a pass out to Ed Chamberlain to score to give the Leopards the lead when Ben Reynolds converted.

Leigh soon led 10-4 when Ricky Leutele powered over despite a resurgent effort in defence from the Red Devils.

Marc Sneyd then nailed a massive 40/20 before a neat passing play put King Vuniyayawa over that levelled matters. Salford then had a try controversially disallowed before Andy Ackers gave the Red Devils the lead as he darted over to make it 16-10.

Their lead went out to 22-10 when Tim Lafai broke through and then Ben Halliwell grounded Brodie Croft’s kick.

Leigh, though with a number of players like star man Edwin Ipape rested, hit back when Lachlan Lam took Tom Amone’s offload to score.

The Leopards would then level matters after Zak Hardaker was on hand to capitalise on chaos out wide.

Ben Reynolds levelled matters with the goal. Salford had the first effort at the drop goal which sailed whilst Leigh moved forward and Salford gave away a penalty allowing Reynolds to nail a penalty goal to give Leigh the lead.

They held on to win 24-22. It is a game that underlines Leigh Leopards as title contenders and gets them ready for the semi-final next week at the Halliwell Jones Stadium.

Salford’s play-off spot remains in peril.

It was a great game but it was spoiled by an item thrown onto the pitch after the opening try from Ken Sio.

Serious About Rugby League can confirm that the two clubs will be written to this week before a decision is made regarding a potential investigation.

It should be said that both clubs deserve the respect of the league given what they have achieved in recent times but a small group have sullied matters,