Super League star sent straight to hospital

Hull FC are battling with Leeds Rhinos, Warrington Wolves, Hull KR and Salford Red Devils for a play-off spot but they suffered a huge blow as they were beaten by the Wolves leaving then four points adrift of the top six with games running out.

But that was exacerbated by a blow to Jake Trueman as the former Castleford Tigers star was forced off the field.

This comes as Tony Smith reveals it is likely another ruptured achilles for the stand-off as he was sent straight to hospital.

Heartache for Trueman who can’t seem to stop picking up injuries.

Hull FC were put under a lot of pressure on their own line in the early moments of the game and stood up.

Then as they attacked, Matty Ashton broke down field but was tracked down by Darnell McIntosh.

Then when the shoe was on the other foot Adam Swift picked up a lose ball and stormed down field to score.

This sparked things into life for Warrington Wolves as Matt Dufty jinked and weaved through and found George Williams with an offload to score and make it 6-4 with Stefan Ratchford punishing Liam Sutcliffe’s miss with the boot.

Dufty was making amends for the the mistake he made against Leeds and he broke through showing great pace to get to the corner and score.

That made it 12-4 at the break and in the second half, a great ball over the top from George Williams saw Matty Ashton score to make it 18-4.

Hull FC needed a try back and Chris Satae thought he had one when he powered over but the try was disallowed for a knock on over the line.

Hull FC were denied another try when Brad Dwyer was held up over the line by scrambling Warrington defenders showing that they are back after their drop in form at the end of Daryl Powell’s time in charge of the club.

This great defence gave Warrington a crucial win and Hull FC lost a crucial game which leaves their play-off hopes in real trouble.

They are now four points adrift whilst Warrington climb back to being level on points with fifth.