Super League star forced to have obscene number of stitches

Hull KR defeated Leigh Leopards tonight as they battle with Leeds Rhinos, Warrington Wolves, Hull FC and Salford Red Devils for a spot in the Super League play-offs.

To do so you need blood, sweat and determination and that all came from one man at the start of the game as George King stormed into a tackle.

He clashed heads with Ben Nakubuwai and instantly split his skin around his cheek causing blood to spill out of his face at an alarming rate.

He initially had a bandage placed around his nose creating a funny image.

He was later forced to get 15 stitches in his face after a grotesque and no doubt painful injury for the Ireland international and a real marker laid down by the Robins early on against their Challenge Cup Final opponents.

This came on a great night for Hull KR who laid down a real marker early on who caused an awful lot of damage with some top notch rugby league from a much more balanced Hull KR side.

After a really strong start, Hull KR probed the line and as Brad Schneider moved across the pitch before a short ball and a great angled run allowed Shaun Kenny-Dowall to carve through and score.

After a yellow card against Leigh at Wembley which resulted in a ban, Minchella meant business as he powered over after good work from Matt Parcell.

A great player saw Mikey Lewis generate space and Ryan Hall danced down the touch line before a forward roll over the line saw him touch down.

Jack Walker was having a superb game for the Robins in a rare appearance and he linked up in a sweeping play to feed Louis Senior to score who produced a scruffy finish.

After an error from Tom Briscoe after a high kick, Lewis was on hand to take the bouncing ball and score in the corner.

The Robins then added another try with Ryan Hall devastating down the wing again before feeding the ball back inside for Shaun Kenny-Dowall to score again as the Robins gained revenge for their defeat at Wembley against Leigh in golden point.