Super League side take amazing away day following to fixture

Last night was another tough trip to France for Hull KR.

For the second time this season they headed over to Perpignan and lost to Catalans Dragons in a defeat that hurt their playoff hopes as well as costing them Jordan Abdull and Jack Walker.

Not a great day for the travelling fans but they should be commended for the amount that journeyed over.

According to Catalan Media, there were about 1200 of them.

Sadly they saw their side comprehensively beaten.

The early action saw Catalans on top with Adam Keighran spilling over the line and Catalans put the first points on the board via an Arthur Mourgue penalty.

KR defended well for the next ten minutes but the home side scored the first try of the night on the 25 minute mark with Matt Whitley collecting a kick and then running it in from 30 metres out.

That try came just minutes after Rovers lost their talisman Jordan Abdull, who had just returned from a hamstring injury.

Rovers forced a knock-on from the restart and secured another penalty inside Catalans territory but they failed to utilise it and were then punished when Catalans scored just minutes later through Tyrone May.

The pressure remained on Rovers and their evening got worse when debutant Jack Walker left the field for a HIA after a swinging arm from Goudemand.

Just minutes after and on the verge of half time the Dragons scored another with Whitley bagging his second courtesy of a smart chip through, leaving the hosts 20-0 up at halftime.

Rovers started the second half with Goudemand still in the sin bin but it was Catalans who had the early ball and Tom Johnstone was denied in the corner.

The Robins had some territory but again failed to utilise it and with Corey Hall dropping a Mitchell Pearce bomb, Catalans were granted territory and scored via Mike McMeeken to put the game out of doubt at 26-0 after just 50 minutes.

Goudemand then went off for another ten minutes following a cannonball tackle but once again it was the French side who scored next despite the man disadvantage.

It was time for Tom Johnstone to finally get himself on the board with the winger being played in by Matt Whitley just after the hour mark, the score ticking over to 32-0.

More injury problems came for Rovers with Sam Wood limping off. Adding insult to that injury was Arthur Mourgue scoring a try, once again assisted by the brilliant Whitley.

Rovers did get on the scoresheet late on with Corey Hall the beneficiary of a smart move out wide before racing away to touch down. but it was simply a consolation as they fell in France by a score of 38-4.