Connect with us

Super League

Super League Roundup: Round Two

This weekend saw the second round of Super League matches kick off. It was a rain-affected round, but there was still some interesting results.


Warrington nil Champions

Warrington Wolves put their defeat last week against Wigan Warriors behind them to beat Super League champions St Helens 19-0.

Tries from Daryl Clark, Tom Lineham and Josh Charnley earned the big win for the Wire. Stefan Ratchford also added two penalties, and Blake Austin also added a drop goal.

It could be an expensive night for Saints, as they lost both Alex Walmsley and Mark Percival to injury. Both will have scans this week to determine the severity of their injuries.


FC fightback to beat Rovers

Hull FC came from behind three times to beat local rivals Hull KR 25-16 at the KCOM Stadium.

Rovers drew first blood when Harvey Livett managed to stretch over and score. However, the conversion attempt was missed.

Hull hit back just five minutes later, when Jake Connor was played through. Marc Sneyd converted to edge FC into the lead.

However, that didn’t last long as Adam Quinlan managed to score out wide. Jamie Ellis converted to edge Rovers into double figures.

Once again, Hull would edge back in front before half time, as Danny Houghton marked his 350th appearance with a try. Sneyd converted to make it 12-10 at the break.

The Robins then scored an early contender for try of the season, as they put together a 10-pass move to put Ben Crooks in out wide. Ellis scored the conversion.

But later tries from Sneyd and Josh Griffin took the game away from the Rovers. Sneyd also added a drop-goal to confirm victory.

Castleford hold off Wigan

Danny Richardson kicked four goals on his home debut for the Tigers. Credit: News Images

Castleford Tigers made it back-to-back wins to start the season, after a closely-fought 16-12 win over Wigan Warriors.

Tries from Derrell Olpherts and Cheyse Blair, as well as three penalties from Danny Richardson earned victory for the Tigers.

Wigan responded with tries from former Tiger Zak Hardaker and Liam Byrne, but fall to a first defeat of the season.


Salford strike late to beat Toronto

Salford players celebrate Kevin Brown’s first-half try. Credit: News Images

Salford Red Devils scored two tries in the last ten minutes to beat Super League new boys Toronto Wolfpack 24-16 at the AJ Bell Stadium.

The Canadians struck first through Gary Wheeler, however the conversion was missed.

But the Red Devils would go into half time into the lead thanks to Kevin Brown. Tui Lolohea converted to edge the 2019 Grand Finalists ahead.

Salford made their move early in the second half, and scored two tries in the first ten minutes. Lolohea and Rhys Williams scored to stretch their lead to 12 points.

But back came Toronto, who levelled the scores thanks to a second try from Wheeler and another from Brad Singleton, his first for the club.

With the match looking like it could go to Golden Point, with six minutes to go, Dan Sarginson grabbed his first Salford try to edge them back in front.

There was even time for Niall Evalds to add a try on his 150th appearance to make sure of victory.

Sunday Washout

Huddersfield Giants P-P Leeds Rhinos

Wakefield Trinity P-P Catalans Dragons

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Must See

More in Super League