Star could have contract ripped up following arrest – prompting potential Super League move

Super League target Anthony Milford could yet be on the move to Super League after being charged by police with three assault counts.

Halfback Milford had been given a one-year lifeline by the South Sydney Rabbitohs following a stagnant end to his Brisbane Broncos career, yet his future is now up in the air following a domestic altercation at the weekend.

Milford spent the night in jail on Sunday night after police alleged a verbal and physical altercation with wife Miri before three nearby witnesses – a man and two women – intervened in a bid to reduce the tension.

“Police were called to Marshall Street in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley shortly before 2am following reports of a disturbance,” a Queensland Police spokesperson said.

“A number of bystanders allegedly attempted to break up the altercation,” a police spokesman said.

“In the course of events the 27-year-old man allegedly assaulted two other women and caused damage to a parked motor vehicle.

“Police will also allege the man assaulted a 19-year-old man before being apprehended.

“A 27-year-old Forest Lake man was arrested nearby and charged with three counts of assault occasioning bodily harm and one count of wilful damage.

“He was given police bail to appear in the Brisbane Magistrates Court on October 20.”

South Sydney would be forced to take responsibility for any NRL suspension that could occur.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments