Jamie Foster “feels sorry” for Hull FC fans

It was a truly remarkable afternoon in Hull yesterday.

Hull FC started the better of the two teams with the basics being executed well early on and earning a six again. Pressure mounted and Jake Clifford found a touch of space squeezing through a gap to score. He missed the conversion but Hull led 4-0.

However, Salford bounced back straight away with Marc Sneyd and Ryan Brierley breaking. Brierley was tackled and the ball was moved back right for a walk in for Deon Cross.

Salford then took a further lead as Brodie Croft danced across the line feeding Shane Wright to score. 12-4 thanks to Marc Sneyd’s conversion.

Then a superb try as Croft carved through the middle with a killer step and he found Ryan Brierley in support to score.

It was still a contest at this stage and Hull FC looked set to hit back when a Clifford ball found Adam Swift but Ken Sio and Deon Cross came over to cover and drag him into touch.

That was crucial and took the wind out of Hull’s sales as did the next try as Tyler Dupree tore through the middle of the field bouncing off the tackle attempt of Jordan Lane to score.

Wright then got a double taking a short ball again to go through a gap and score yet again.

Then on halftime, Marc Sneyd added a penalty to make it 30-4 at the break. The halftime interval was greeted with boos and Tony Smith furious.

The second half was not the start Hull needed as Deon Cross got a second in almost the exact same as he got his first. After a break by Tim Lafai down the left the ball was moved right and Cross got over for the try.

It was an eight point try for a high tackle on Cross as he got over evening out what they suffered last week when the conceded two eight point tries against Warrington Wolves.

That made it 38-4.

It didn’t take long for the 40 point mark to be passed as Kallum Watkins took Marc Sneyd’s grubber.

That was 44-4 and then 50 came when former Hull FC man Marc Sneyd jinked his way over for a simple try.

Then a sublime try from the Red Devils as Ryan Brierley tore through and through great support from the likes of Rhys Williams eventually saw Tim Lafai cross.

Hull did get a try back when Adam Swift scored a brilliant 80 metres try but it was little consolation.

Neither was Brad Fash’s try from a short Brad Dwyer pass.

Salford did deservingly have the last say as Tim Lafai swatted aside a number of tacklers to cross again to complete the scoring at 60-14.

After the game former Grand Finalist with St Helens and ex-Huddersfield Giants and Bradford Bulls player Jamie Foster had his say on Hull FC who he also spent time playing for.

The winger said he felt sorry for the Hull FC for having to deal with a club that “promise so much and offer so little.”

He said on Twitter:

“I feel sorry for those FC fans……some of the best fans in the league and always get 12- 15 thousand every home game……they promise so much and offer so little.”

Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments