Hull KR fans rush onto the field after famous win over Wigan Warriors

Hull KR are going to Wembley where they will meet Leigh Leopards in a huge final where we will see a team end a major trophy drought after both won amazing semi-finals against Wigan Warriors and St Helens respectively.

Both semi-finals were dramatic especially Hull KR’s win over the Warriors today. The game went to golden point after Hull KR had battled back against a Wigan side who had had a man sent off in the second half when Joe Shorrocks was adjudged to have made contact with the head of Mikey Lewis.

Then in golden point it was new boy Brad Schneider who won the game as he did last week against Leeds Rhinos at the same ground nailing a brilliant drop goal from far out to win the game and send Hull KR to Wembley.

After the goal, Hull KR fans rushed onto the field in the same way Leigh fans did.

As I reported yesterday, you cannot condone these actions but you can understand them.

Two sets of fans not used to winning trophies, they deserved their moment in the sun and excitement is sometimes too much for some.

The game has been a pulsating affair in the wet. The Robins could have been forgiven for feeling hard done by when Ryan Hall pulled out of the side late before kick-off but they stood up to early pressure before a delightful scrum move saw Louis Senior slide in at the corner.

Hall’s injury saw Mikey Lewis moved to fullback and Ethan Ryan moved to the wing. Lewis showed his worth with amazing footwork to confuse the Wigan chasers when they looked to trap him in goal.

Hull KR had the better of the first half but they were behind when Jai Field was given enough space to weave through and score in the corner.

Up against it at this point in the game, Shaun Kenny-Dowall turned the game when he intercepted but sadly he couldn’t go the distance but the Robins were now building pressure.

After absorbing a spell of pressure themselves, Wigan went down field and nailed a penalty to make it 8-4.

As aforementioned, the Warriors have now added to their lead after a second penalty from Harry Smith, his third goal of the game to give them a 10-4 lead which was cancelled out by an Ethan Ryan try.