Connect with us

Hull FC

Hull FC fans livid at “clear knock on” missed in Warrington defeat

Hull FC

Hull FC continued their trend of improvement in their Super League defeat against Warrington Wolves today. FC showed what they are capable of in pushing Sam Burgess’ side all the way, only to lose to a late Matt Dufty try.

However, in the aftermath of the game, Hull fans have taken to social media to vent their frustrations at a crucial decision which went against their side. With the scores tied at 18-18 with just minutes remaining, Hull had the ball deep in the Warrington half.

Possession changed hands on the last tackle, with Warrington tackling an FC player following a contested kick. However, the match officials and the commentators missed the ball appearing to touch a Warrington hand, before going back to FC, which should have wiped the tackle count and given Hull a full set of six deep in Warrington territory.

Warrington then took the ball up to the Hull end and scored the winning try. Now, Hull fans have taken to social media to voice their frustration at the missed call.

Super League Quiz: How many of these former players can you name? #3

1 of 20


Hull FC fans livid at “clear knock-on”

Hull FC

Credit: Imago Images

Hull fans have reacted angrily to a missed knock-on which, they believe, cost them the gave. Ben Thaler was the referee in charge, and he has been criticised for not spotting the error.

One fan believes the missed knock-on is a reason why the Super League needs to introduce the Captain’s Challenge, which is used in the NRL. This allows to challenge an on-field decision if they believe an error has been made.

Another fan believes the error cost Hull a shot at a drop goal, which could have won them the game against the odds.

Another FC fan took solace in the fact that the side is showing improvement from earlier in the season, where they suffered a string of heavy defeats.

Another also called out the commentary team, who also appeared not to see the Warrington hand touch the ball.

The defeat against Warrington means Hull remain just two points ahead of London Broncos at the foot of the Super League table. Speaking after the game, Simon Grix confirmed his side would have a week off before returning for their game against Salford Red Devils at the beginning of July.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Must See

More in Hull FC