Fans unhappy after NRL Grand Final interrupted on Sky Sports

As we look ahead to Wigan Warriors and Hull KR as well as St Helens’ trip to Catalans Dragons after they defeated Warrington Wolves, the NRL season has already concluded and what a conclusion as Penrith Panthers completed the greatest Grand Final comeback ever.

But for Sky viewers the decisive points were missed. They saw Nathan Cleary make it 24-all but were unable to watch the game turn to 26-24 as the footage dropped out on Sky Sports with the game replaced by a image of the Sky Sports Arena logo and “technical difficulties.”

Fans were devastated on social media with one saying: “Sky what on earth are you doing?”

Another said: “Sky’s what’s going on.”

Meanwhile another fan was less than impressed: “Footage drops out in the biggest game of the season.”

Meanwhile, Tanya Arnold simply said: “Nooooooooooo.”

The Panthers made history not only by winning a third title in a row but completing the biggest ever comeback in Grand Final history.

They toppled the 14 point come back of the Melbourne Storm in the past with a 16 point turn around after Nathan Cleary heroics.

The Panthers led 8-0 early after dominating the first half and just before the break the Brisbane Broncos gave themselves hope.

Then in the second half Ezra Mam and Reece Walsh ran riot. Mam nailed a hat trick with some sensational footwork and a 17 year wait to win the Grand Final looked over especially with Jarome Luai going off injured with former Huddersfield Giants halfback Jack Cogger brought on.

Then Nathan Cleary decided to do something about it. He carved opened the Brisbane defence to set up a lovely try before his kicking game helped lead to a Stephen Crichton try on his farewell appearance.

Then with minutes left he carved through the Brisbane defence all by himself to score to level matters and give himself the chance to win the game with the conversion to make it 26-24.

But Sky Sports viewers missed this moment due to technical difficulties with the signal from Australia breaking down devastating fans who were watching.

It was unfortunate for fans but it was likely something Sky has no control over.

By the time it came on it was 26-24 and Penrith clung on to win the game.